Information You Provide
TopShot collects information through voluntary submissions: through our website, you can request product and Services information and enroll for a Member Services subscription. In addition, we collect your personal information required to enroll you with an energy provider. The types of personally identifiable information that we may collect for such purposes include but are not limited to: (a) your name, contact information, username, password, and other registration information; (b) transaction-related and financial information, such as when you make purchases or respond to any offers; (c) information you provide about your current energy services or about your energy usage; (d) date of birth, social security number, and driver license number in order to enroll you with a third party energy provider; and, (e) information you provide us when you contact us.
Information Automatically Collected from You
We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites when you use the Services, such as your Internet Protocol address, your general geographic location, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Services, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Services, and the search terms you enter on the Services. This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Services, and to improve the Services and the services we provide. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the Services save on your computer using your web browser and access when you return, or similar technologies.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
• Fulfill your requests for products and or services, to respond to inquiries about offerings and to offer other products, programs or services that may be of interest.
• Provide you with information about the Services or required notices.
• Enhance your experience on our website.
• Send electronic newsletters and blogs.
• Enable you to participate in polls and surveys.
• Allow us to improve the Services and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences.
• Generate and analyze statistics about your use of the Services.
• Detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms of Service, violations of law, or other misuse of the Services.
Under What Circumstances Do We Disclose This Information?
We may disclose the information we collect from you through the Services:
• To third parties that provide services to us in connection with our business operations and that have agreed to keep the information confidential, including, but not limited to, third parties that provide order and payment processing services; and deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you.
• To business partners that may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you.
• As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations.
• When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary (a) to protect our rights, the integrity of the Services, or your safety or the safety of others, or (b) to detect, prevent, or respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms of Service, violations of law, or other misuse of the Services
• To service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company, or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
• In addition, we may share de-identified reports on user demographics and traffic patterns, as well as anonymized information, with third parties.
We utilize administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected by the Services. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Services over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks. TopShot is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third-party product or service you use or access, including energy providers, utilities, and SMTP.
Privacy Options / Opt Out Options
We give you choices about how some of your information is handled. You may:
• Opt not to register to receive our e-newsletter(s)/blog(s);
• Opt not to participate in certain interactive areas; and,
TopShot does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register an account. The Services and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. You must be 18 years of age or over to use the Services.
Links to Other Websites and Services
The Services may contain third-party links. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by third parties that are not under our control. We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites or services linked to or from the Services, including the information or content contained at such sites or services. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or services, including those that have a link to or advertisement on our Services, are subject to that third party’s rules and policies. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible for, and we do not have any control over any third parties that you authorize to access your information.
How to Contact Us